Sunday, January 4, 2009

And now how I'm actually doing

So now, a third and final post for the evening to make up for my uber lack of updates. And now I'm going to talk about how I'm actually doing! I've been on winter break for the past two weeks so I've been having a lot of fun and relaxing. My mom and sister came up to Kyoto and I showed them around to my favorite places. They're staying at a hotel really close to my apartment so it was really convenient to chill with them all the time.

We then went to Tokyo to celebrate New Years with relatives, and I've been hanging out with various friends (KCJS, Yale, Japan, Kyodai, etc). Here's a glimpse into one day:

Yesterday (I think?) my sister and I met up with Kay and Matt Strait of KCJS and we went around Odaiba. We had NO plan but ended up running into four different performances. The first was an overcrowded comedy thing so we left, but here are the other three. I apologize for the bad quality - they're videos from my prepaid cellphone! I'm hoping to hit up Akihabara for a new camera before I leave Tokyo.

We saw a not-yet-popular boy band perform in front of Fuji TV. This video is just of a two-person dance number but there are four guys total. Unfortunately this video is mostly my sister and I giggling, rather than the hot and rather effeminate dancing I should have instead captured.


We then went to the Toyota Mega something and randomly ended up seeing the shamisen group Hayate perform. They were mad cool! I'd buy their cd.


And then we went to Toyota's innovaction museum and saw their famous trumpeting robot


And then we traveled home into the sunset. Ahhh Japan! I have yet to be tired of this place.

No comments: